How to Write an Essay
Here are thirteen steps that will help you to come up with a very high scoring and high quality essay. Follow each one at a time to ensure you create a perfect essay.
- Start writing notes as soon as you get your assignment.
This will stop any sort of writers block, and will help you avoid putting off the project until it is too late because in your mind you have started it already.
- Research and make notes prior to starting writing
This will ensure that when you get started you have a place to start, and will ensure that you do not end up going down the wrong research track when you start writing the essay.
- Write out a plan for how you wish to proceed
This means writing out what you plan to add, where you are going to research and how you are going to structure your essay.
- Write and research at the same time
Make your essay writing an ongoing process. You research, make notes, write a little and start researching again. You slowly add bits of valuable information to your essay.
- Write your essay in sections
This will allow you to concentrate on each point at a time and will help you follow your plan.
- Add a mini conclusion at the end of each section
This mini conclusion should be in a different colour to your essay text because you will have to pull it from your essay later on.
- Write until you feel you have added all relevant points
This is probably going to mean you over-write and go well beyond the word count but that is okay.
- Remove the mini conclusions
Put them on a separate document and use them to create your final conclusion. Your mini conclusions will help you to avoid missing any points out of your final conclusion.
- Knit together your essay section
Put them together according to the structure you laid out within your plan.
- Make your essay more concise
This is where you lower the word count by removing any parts that are not needed whilst keeping all the relevant and high scoring points.
- Read through your essay for flow and consistency
It has to flow correctly and you have to be sure there are no contradictions in your text. Consider splitting it up and reading each part separately.
- Proofread your essay for grammatical mistakes, accuracy and typos
This is your standard and more common type of proofreading and editing session.
- Format your essay
This includes making sure your bibliography is correctly formatted so that you do not lose points unnecessarily.
Cite this assignment
Free Essay Samples (July 4, 2022) How to Write an Essay. Retrieved from https://essayholic.com/blog/how-to-write-an-essay/.
"How to Write an Essay." Free Essay Samples - July 4, 2022, https://essayholic.com/blog/how-to-write-an-essay/
Free Essay Samples May 18, 2022 How to Write an Essay., viewed July 4, 2022,<https://essayholic.com/blog/how-to-write-an-essay/>
Free Essay Samples - How to Write an Essay. [Internet]. [Accessed July 4, 2022]. Available from: https://essayholic.com/blog/how-to-write-an-essay/
"How to Write an Essay." Free Essay Samples - Accessed July 4, 2022. https://essayholic.com/blog/how-to-write-an-essay/
"How to Write an Essay." Free Essay Samples [Online]. Available: https://essayholic.com/blog/how-to-write-an-essay/. [Accessed: July 4, 2022]
More Related papers
- Human Renewal and Transformation: An Introduction
- The Unethical Practices of Sunbeam Corporation
- The Drug War and Class War: It's Really About Keeping the Poor in Their Place
- The Use of Propaganda in George Orwell's "Animal Farm"
- The Effectiveness of Therapeutic Vests in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Attention Deficit Disorders, and Other Developmental Disabilities